Saturday, June 13, 2009

Um. Less than a week.

I haven’t ridden my bike since the 2nd of June because I had to ship it up North. Eek. Not good. I’ve been running, but then my right knee started aching, so I’ve been doing lots of walking and stretching……. We’ll see. Great start. But all shall be well. :)

I did, however, have two rounds of icecreamamazingness yesterday. First at Beals in Old Port, Portland, ME with a fabulous cousin on break from her job at summer camp. Then in the evening with three different kinds of Ben&Jerry’s at my dad's cousin's house. Ahhhmazing. :)

I also wanted to share that over 100 people have donated to this cause & cycling trip, including four businesses, several strangers and many many friends and family. Far more have contributed in other (equally essential) ways, and I just want to say thank you thank you thank you to each and every one of you. This has been a surprisingly humbling and meaningful experience for me. So. Thanks. :)

I'm in Maine. Loving it. Can't help but wonder how my life would have been different, how I would have been different, had my family stayed in Maine instead of moving to Iowa when I was six. But, minus the fact that I didn't have a meadow or horses or a forest right by my house in IA like we had in Maine, I'm glad I grew up in Ames...I think I might be a tad homesick. But I'm so glad to be here. :)

No comments: