Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SNOW! and espaNol

It's snowing again. And this time I'm pumped because I'm not awaiting the safe arrival of anyone in the midst of it. Minus the difficulties of getting a loaded wheelbarrow through it last week, it was fun and absolutely beautiful. Tho I'm not looking forward to the trek to the bathroom tonight... :/ hmm.


There are mountains back there.... no, really.


There's the gander - he's still alive! He mostly chills out with the hens these days...

Brrrrrr...



I wish I could let them in...but then my hut would smell like wet dog. ...but look at Maddy's eyes.... poor puppy.

See Betty in the door way? She's a smart cookie. She has me so well trained that I bring the hay into the doorway for her. Genius.

View from my hut...
I think it's another soup night tonight. :)


And a total tangent - I've got a new language partner here on the dairy. His name is Bernadino. He's in his late 30s/early 40s (I think) and is from southern Mexico, but has lived in the US for over 20 years. He's got 4 kids who all live with him in Estancia. When I met him this morning I asked if he'd be okay with me practicing my Spanish with him, and he immediately agreed. So we've been chatting a lot. Over lunch I told him that I'd gone to Argentina to learn Spanish...and we ended up talking about racism among South and Central American soccer teams. :) I'm totally not fluent, but, Dude, I can definitely communicate. (?!?!?!!! who knew?!) It was super fun...and I can feel all these old connections in my brain re-firing and shooting off little spark-spittles. Such an exciting and awakening sort of feeling.

Between this and the baby goats, I could be pretty happy here my last month and a half... :)

I love Spanish! :)

1 comment:

Dean's Corner said...

so does Sandy...you two shold communicate in Spanish. It might definitely help her and may help you! I love your posts. When is the book coming out? Love Dad