Thursday, January 20, 2011

mei wenti

I was doing some letter/postcard writing last night, and among my stamps and stationary I found a single flashcard from my Chinese language class in college. Don't ask me how just one made it into my letter-writing stash, but it did. And it has apparently been there since...well, 2005. Crazy, eh? And you know what the phrase was?

Mei wenti.


For those of you who don't speak Mandarin (or read Pinyin), this means "no problem".


I'm pretty sure that the universe is telling me to chilllll out. No, really.

For the many of you (assuming anyone reads this besides those I talk to every day anyway...) who are out of the loop, I have been having a bit of an adjustment period...debating whether or not I could/should/will honor my full commitment here. The same concerns, hesitations, desires etc. have been swirling and circling around in my head since probably about...oh, the first night I got here...and so everything coming out of my mouth for a solid 14 days has been, overall, pretty much the exact same thing: Blahblahbalilovegoatsbhalbahblah - which translates to: unnecessary stress for everyone (and julia loves goats).

So, I'm going to try to let it be. practice some present-ness...or something like that. Wish me luck.

It started out a freezing morning with flurries, and has turned into a sunny one with a slight breeze. I've got the dairy to myself again this afternoon and evening...and will get to go to Santa Fe tomorrow night and part of Saturday to help set up and take down at the farmers market - but I get to wander for a few hours in between. All I want to do is wander and window shop, maybe get some postcards, and find a nice chai latte to sip from a cute cafe window. This is my plan. :)

Unless something crazy happens, I may not write for a couple days. So, be well. I miss you all.
<3 julia.

No comments: